All new patients require an initial consultation. This is an important time for you and for us, so that we can perform an examination and review any x-rays or other records you may bring, review any medical conditions you have and medications you may be taking. In some cases, additional x-rays may be taken utilizing our state-of-the-art low-radiation digital units. These film-less x-rays allow more thorough radiographic evaluation, and can be sent electronically to your insurance carrier, expediting treatment reimbursement. They can also be sent electronically to your general dentist.
At that time, we discuss your condition and proposed treatment, and what to expect during your recovery period. We will answer your questions, and discuss any concerns you may have. After seeing Dr. Johnson, one of our capable staff members will discuss insurance and financial issues with you, establish an appointment time, and give you additional instructions and prescriptions, if necessary, in preparation for your surgery.
In some cases, procedures requiring only local anesthesia, such as some extractions, can be performed on the same day as the consultation. But, patients who will be receiving intravenous anesthesia, who have a significant medical history, or are taking certain medications, such as blood thinners or certain osteoporosis medications require this evaluation appointment. An appointment for treatment will then be scheduled. In certain emergency situations, requiring immediate surgical attention, this may be modified.
To allow us to serve you efficiently, please bring the following to our office:
- Completed Referral Form from your dentist or physician. If you have not been given one, please contact your referring doctor.
- Current legible x-rays. If current x-rays are not available, we will have to take new ones. If you arrange for your dentist to send them to us via mail or email, you should contact that office several days before your appointment to assure that they have been sent.
- Patient who will have wisdom teeth removal will need to have a Panoramic x-ray which is less than a year old. This will allow us to evaluate the wisdom teeth, adjacent tooth roots, near-by nerves, sinus cavities and other structures.
- A list of any prescription or over-the- counter medications or supplements that you are taking, INCLUDING medications you are taking for the CURRENT CONDITION for which you are seeing us. (The New Patient Form Pak includes a sheet for listing your medications)
- Photo ID
- Insurance Card or complete insurance forms to allow us verify and file for benefits on your behalf.
- All patients under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- Inform us if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medications (i.e.,heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, osteoporosis, chemotherapy, etc.)
Our mission is to truly care for you, your child, your family member as our patient and our friend.
- Be the best we can at meeting your oral surgery needs
- Provide a comfortable place to come for your treatment
- Help you to understand why you are seeing and the nature of the condition for which you seek treatment
- Help you understand why treatment may be necessary and your various treatment choices
- Answer your questions & address your concerns
- To recognize that facing oral surgery may be frightening to you, to help allay your fears
- Keeping you informed & making you part of the decision-making process.
- To provide to you the best oral surgical treatment possible;
- To know our limitations, so that should the care you need be beyond the scope of our practice, to help you find the best person to meet your needs and treat your condition.
We pledge to try to do this in a courteous, caring, knowledgeable, competent and ethical manner. To treat you as we would want our family to be treated. It is our hope that we can care for you in such a way that you would want your friends and family to be seen and treated in our office should they have a need.
New Patient Registration
New patients are welcome to complete their registration prior to your visit using our secure online Registration Form. Once the form has been completed, please be sure to press the Submit button to automatically send us your information. Please be assured that every precaution has been taken to ensure that our patients’ private health information remains secure.